october and out

28.11.15

31 days of october and i manage 7 photos, 1 of which isn even mine (from facebook :D ). naice.. october went in a flash for me. on one hand i was working in my music cave, on the other i had two of my best friends stay with me for a total 7 days altogether, several birthdays and my first halloween! time bloody flies when loved ones are around! but here are a few snaps to try and remember this quick fire month.


i finally had a saturday off and had a gander at the forte greene markets. man were there some lovely vintage pieces in there #goals. it got me excited at the idea of dressing "genre" that i like, even if it doesn't seem like my usual garb. fashion shouldn't be restrictive. being in the quiet brooklyn air was beautiful and somewhat healing, away from the closet-packed manhattan. 

i finally caught up with my one close creative friend delia and having her encouragement and insight was just what i needed. we recently made a pact to check in with each other every three weeks to make sure our large right sided brains are kept in check. our first check in was a week ago, and i'm grateful we can be a team for each other's solo projects. i also took her to one of the few cool places i love and that is 11th street bar. kenny is an awesomely kind barman there and i'm still buggin him to give me a gig :D 

at the back end of the month my girl jen stayed with me before her swanky business convention in LA. having her around let me play tourist again and what's more, it was so grounding. we've known each other since the early days of high school and she's seen me through all my sh.. crap and is still around. props. we had our first american halloween bash and i almost had a melt down hours ahead, struggling to making fairy wings. lucky for her collected calm and mi-goreng making abilities while i freaked out with two wire coat hangers. we came through in the end and had a whale of a night! she also found a new admirer which was just SO FUN for me to watch! :D (and no it didn't eventuate.. damn.)

what a breath of fresh air october was. now back to november. thanksgiving is one sleep away for me as i write this!

love and peace,
maia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan