hi 2015

18.1.15

Oh look, a selfie. That's kinda rare for me but I actually want to change that this year. Not because I'm extra into myself this year (rofl) but because I've always been so camera shy that I really would like to change that. Aaand I've already diverged off topic..

I thought I was going to throw the towel in when it came to this blog but today I kinda realised I still want this little place hanging around. My mindset has changed drastically in the last few months (thanks America) but it might be more accurate to say that it's gone back to where it should be, but version 2.0 this time.  So where has it gone back to? My first ever, ever love, music. I started allowing myself to pursue it a few years back now and starting from scratch as an adult was a much bigger task than I initially thought. Not just the lack of experience and skillset (compared to even that of a teenager) but the mindset. I went from being an academically driven girl to a girl realising she did it because it was so externally rewarding and so fitting in to her surrounding universe. So from that to who I see myself as now, a creative, has been a long and unexpected shift and process.  
  I sort of fell out of love of music for awhile there. Never completely, but it became a ritual. Add to that were some negative people that really impacted me and my view on it and I'm glad to say that I'm now rid of them. In that mean time, I fell in love with blogs. How these girls (and I say girls because 100% of the blogs I follow are by these beautiful, smart, creative babes) run these thoughtful and inspiring, personalised spaces was and is really something to me. Many of them are carving out a career out of it regardless of the controversy (which I honestly scoff at - every industry has it's honest and dishonest folk) and to me that is inspiring. I definitely had very little influence from successful and creative people growing up so I'm glad for such industries to be strengthening. But that was my case in point, these girls express who they are and have their own way of doing things differently. They put on makeup for the love and fun of it, they wear what they want because that's who they are, and discovering those sorts of blogs was such a source of inspiration during that time.
  But v2.0 me, the music girl, is back. I finally feel like I might really have something to share and instead of just worrying about the career part. (And so that bloody should be.) And I'd like this space to be a part of that as a sort of visual diary and letterbox of notes and tidbits as I go along. Gonna start small and aim for two posts a week.

love, maia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan