tss #09: sunday sounds

16.11.14


Today was one of those get shit done sorta days. But I did it Sunday style and thus unstressful, yay. I've really fallen back in love with music these days, which is weird to say because, well I am a musician. But I had gotten into a weird habit of having either movies/youtube videos in the background for a long while and today I decided to switch it up / stop doing that. I put everything I have loved during and since my US trip (which I'll never stop harping on about, till I'm back there) on a playlist with some newbies in there. Of course a few T Swizzle songs made the cut, I now have either Style or I Wish You Would spinning in my head when there is silence. Some US discoveries were Odesza who I discovered at their live show in Amoeba Records (score) and oh boy, their mixes are brilliant, and Lykki Li whose I Never Learn album is really becoming one of my favourites. I discovered Chet Faker two weeks ago and have been ridiculously praising the guy since, the groove in his beats are just perfecto (I desperately need that hand emoticon here). After saying I didn't get Haim I decided to give them a more proper listen and well, I digz. I almost always end up eating my words and am usually glad to (really!). Their melodies and voices are definitely unique to my ears, something I appreciated after hearing more than just their singles.  I also had to include already mentioned new favourites James Bay and George Ezra as well but more electro sounds are definitely entering my world and it's so, so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan