2015: a tiny review

1.1.16



2015 was the year i jumped ship and moved to the states. and while it wasn’t what i thought it would be (it never will till i becoming a working songwriter really) i’m really happy for all the things that did happen.

if i could name this year the year of anything, it was the year of ‘tools'. by that i feel like it’s equipped me with life, career and adulthood’s necessary evils and i feel more prepared than ever to face the impending year. bring it on bit- 2016.

but the biggest lesson i learnt this year above all was permission. the permission to be who i am and do what i love. it hit me the other night with my ny girls that I’m suddenly around people who are genuinely so supportive and open minded and i felt like i could be both anything i wanted and myself. i didn’t realise how much of that i needed. despite my alien status here, i don’t feel like one. and that is for the first time ever. i no longer feel like apologising for myself anymore and that is a new level of freedom i didn't know existed. new york and the people in it are kinda awesome like that.

so thank you 2015. you weren’t what i thought you would be, but you were what i didn’t realise i desperately needed. i'm prepared not just for 2016, but beyond. let’s do this.

love and peace sign,
maia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan